Manager (m/f/d) of European Relations
In the pharmaceutical industry, one common goal dominates - whether in the laboratory, in production or in sales: to endeavor to improve healthcare worldwide and enhance patients' quality of life.
We are working very hard to represent the interests of this industry to policymakers and other key decision-makers in healthcare and the healthcare industry. We can only do this with highly qualified professionals.
We are therefore looking for a
Manager (m/f/d) of European Relations for our head office in Berlin.
These are the requirements of the position:
- Observation and support of European developments, projects and policy issues;
- Accompanying pharmaceutically relevant European legislative procedures;
- Briefing and accompanying the vfa President on pharmaceutically relevant European topics and EFPIA committee meetings;
- Drafting of statements and position papers of the vfa in coordination with the respective responsible departments of the vfa and the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA);
- Representation of vfa interests vis-à-vis European decision-makers and maintenance of contacts with the European Parliament, the European Commission and the Permanent Representation of the Federal Republic of Germany to the EU and the German states;
- Coordination of the cooperation with EFPIA, the European sister associations and the German industry associations (BDI and VCI);
- Representation of vfa interests in relevant bodies of the European pharmaceutical association EFPIA;
- Observation of pharmaceutical policy developments in the EU countries;
- Communication of information on European policy developments as well as consultation and coordination with vfa member companies;
- Supervision of the vfa's International and European Committee.
These are the requirements from the applicant:
- A successful degree, preferably in political science, social science, economics or law;
- Several years of professional experience in the European policy environment as well as detailed expertise on the functioning of the European institutions;
- Willingness to travel for business trips from Berlin to Brussels or maintain a temporary or permanent residence in Brussels with a willingness to come to Berlin more frequently;
- A keen sense of practical and politically enforceable solutions;
- Ability to work strategically, conceptually and scientifically;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in German and English;
- Strong commitment to service and professional reliability.
It is a continuing goal of the association to find and retain the best minds for its various divisions in the long term. For this reason, we are constantly working to offer our employees good framework conditions and also to constantly develop ourselves as an employer. Personal exchange is particularly important for our tasks. Therefore, we require and expect a considerable contribution of both presence and input to the association's success with our team on site, with our members and with political decision-makers.
These are your benefits::
- Challenging job with plenty of room for innovative and strategic development opportunities;
- Individual personnel development and further training opportunities;
- Attractive salary package as well as extensive personal pension plans;
- Flexibility to incorporate the high demands of day-to-day health care work with individual and private needs;
- Company health management;
- Ideal transport connections in the heart of Berlin.
Those with a disability are expressively encouraged to submit their application materials.
Does all this sound like your new job?
Please send us your complete application documents (cover letter, CV, references, salary requirements and earliest possible starting date) via e-mail.
Our HR Manager Christin Wihsgott will be happy to help you with your initial contact:
Verband forschender Arzneimittelhersteller e.V. (vfa)
Christin Wihsgott (Personal/Verwaltung)
Tel.: +49 30 206 04–301
Mobil: +49 172 392 4539